Important SEO Basics: 8 Essentials for Optimization of Your Website – JAYINTECH – Latest Tech Updates and Tricks
Search engines play a vital role in design and planning a website. For a profitable website, introducing SEO for high rankings on search engines like Google and Bing is essential. SEO is search engine optimization technique – an effective optimization strategy – which is fundamental and essential for giving your website good search results positions at the most critical time when people are looking to buy your products or services.
Essentials for Website OptimizationSEO creates a great user experience and communicates your intentions to search engines.
1. Understanding DesignYour website is a combination of content, architecture, platform or CMS, and infrastructure. For these elements to stand out, SEO is the tool. In addition, links, paid search and online advertisement media also lends power to SEO. Everything has to be well-organized, creating a user-friendly experience as well as standing out in the search engine results.
2. Understanding Search Engine RequirementsSearch engines are developed to provide the most relevant results to users. Give them the exact websites and content they are searching for. Content, performance, authority, and user experience determine relevancy. Content is the stand out factor: text on pages, titles and description – these determine where the website should rank in search engines.
Performance of the website, which includes loading of the website, affects search engine results. Quality of the content has to be high, especially if other sites use your website as reference or cite information. Finally, the user experience has to be good, which must include easy navigation, website look, safety, and minimum bounce rate.
3. Understanding What to AvoidSearch engines want to offer quality and in addition, they have limited data storage, so tricky tactics to be on the top of the rankings could cause damage to the reputation of the site. Search engines do not want you to indulge in keyword stuffing, purchasing links, or providing a poor user experience. Overuse of keywords deteriorate the quality of the content and could make no sense.
As mentioned in above point, poor quality is one huge factor search engines look for, so avoid it. If a search engine finds you using purchased links, they will throw your website into the void – never to be found again. Too many ads and disorganized content makes it hard for users to find useful information. This leads to a high bounce rate and ultimately a bad reputation, causing the website to sink low.
4. Understanding the Business ModelEven before you set out to design a website, determine your goals. The sole aim of a website could be to offer information, sell products, or refer leads. So ask questions about your website’s goals and what users must obtain from your site.
5. Understanding Multi-channel OptimizationSEO is not limited to the content on the website. It can be extended to offsite platforms like Facebook, Twitter, email, offline advertisements, etc. Any description on YouTube, post on Facebook or Twitter should be optimized as these sites will take users back to your site.
Again, make sure you avoid keyword stuffing and only useful information must be relayed. Email is considered a great way to obtain more customers, but there is a thin line between promotion and spamming. Emails must contain the most useful information and not peppy deceptions that drive off users.
6. Understanding Domain NamesUsing a proper domain name is as important as naming a business or a product is. First choose a name that describes the brand. Keep it short – one or two words. Keep the domain name consistent, something like www.domainname.com.
Buying an old domain is great idea as it does have some traffic on its name, but make sure the old owner hasn’t done anything that degraded the site’s reputation. Keywords in the URL are sometimes great strategy, but often naming sites with such words would be difficult because chances are high of the domain names being already in use.
7. Understanding Optimization Results for MobileToday, the internet is accessed with different types of devices, so optimization must be done keeping those things in mind. Create rich media content that features videos, SlideShares or presentations. Use videos and offer free PDFs, so your sites always look busy on search engines. Remember to credit your site at the end.
8. Understanding Meta DataContent must be tagged and have Meta descriptions. Use Meta keywords to take users to specific pages. You must understand your tags are words of advertisement for your website. In addition, keywords must be unique and should not be duplicated for best results.
SEO must be the front line strategy to grow your business. Follow best practices. Never forget the basics of SEO as failure to use them will create a mess. As you practice, you will learn more and more, creating much larger profits.
I hope you enjoyed reading this article and received the information you wanted. If you like to know more then you can read my other articles “Get Positive Exposure on Social Media” and “Benefits of Social Media Marketing”